Senior Programmer Quality Analyst*
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior Programmer Quality Analyst, Population Health Quality and Analytics 648603*
The Senior Analyst position in the Office of Population Health and Accountable Care (OPHAC) is an exciting new role that combines advanced analytic skills with strategic planning. Our mission in Population Health is to meet health system goals for our ambulatory clinics, focusing on performance tracking and quality improvement in-patient populations for which we are financially at risk. Our projects involve internal collaboration with Quality, Faculty Practice, and Population Health leadership, as well as external partnerships with health plans, medical groups, and other key stakeholders.
In partnership with the analytic team, OPHAC leadership, and other departments, the Senior Analyst builds the reporting strategy to support new and ongoing clinical needs. In addition, the Senior Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Population Health data warehouse in accordance with clinical and business initiatives (e.g. building clinical registries). The Senior Analyst builds methods to predict health outcomes for our patient populations, with an initial focus on optimizing OPHAC clinical programs. By creating assessment tools to predict the right intervention for the right patient at the right time, s/he will optimize our ability to identify patient care needs and increase patient engagement and satisfaction.
The Senior Analyst will partner with the Population Health analytic team with primary responsibilities including: data collection, benchmarking, performance and health outcome measurement, segmentation of populations, and risk stratification. The Senior Analyst is passionate about quality improvement and eager to collaborate with key clinical and business partners to identify new ways to improve care delivery for our patients.
- Develop sophisticated SQL (structured query language) queries to support and report templates for ad hoc and ongoing report requests. Extract and analyze data from center’s electronic medical record system (Epic/APeX)
- Produces in-depth forecasts, analyses, reports, data sets, and recommendations to leadership and stakeholders.
- Develop predictive modeling tools to identify and address key health outcomes for patient populations across ambulatory care
- Collaborate with key clinical and business personnel and management on advanced project teams to identify appropriate analytic objectives and solutions
- Support ETL processes (extract, transform, load) for data warehouse needs
- Meticulously document work to assure ability for replication and cross-training
- Master’s Degree in biostatistics, applied statistics, operations research or other relevant field, with 5-7 years of healthcare experience.
- PhD with 2-5 years related experience. - preferred
- In-depth knowledge of key clinical quality standards (CMS QI standards and other regulatory requirements), QI models, tools, and techniques, including collection, abstraction, validation, analysis, and reporting of data, and use of performance and benchmark indicators.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage multiple levels of highly-complex information and responsibilities, to quickly assess problems, and to develop and implement timely and effective solutions.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with a broad range of clinical and technical staff
- Advanced skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to convey complex clinical and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to produce high-quality reports, documentation, and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Epic, Clarity, and software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Advanced technical skills to lead highly-complex projects, developing sophisticated SQL (structured query language) queries and report templates, and producing in-depth forecasts, analyses, reports, data sets, and recommendations to support and enhance clinical and business processes
- Advanced technical skills to support and maintain the data warehouse environment
- Highly proficient in SQL and one of the following: Excel VBA, R, Python, Tableau
- Discretion, confidentiality, tact, and ability to deal with sensitive data involving patient health information
- Knowledge and experience managing and analyzing health plan claims data, Medicare claims preferred
$70-$80 Per Hour Location: Remote 5 Month Assignment