Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | Andover, MA | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Senior Product Marketing Manager 2142
The Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for the marketing activities for their area of responsibility and is the expert on the markets, competitors and customer requirements. The senior PMM develops and delivers messaging and positioning and creates content to be used across worldwide marketing and sales efforts. The Senior Product Marketing Manager collaborates with product management, alliance management, campaign, and events team, channel partner team and sales to define the Go-To-Market strategy and leads the cross-functional teams to execute product launches and other marketing programs.
- Design and execute end-to-end global marketing strategies to satisfy product, solution, buyer, segment and route-to-market requirements.
- Define overall marketing strategy for assigned products and solution and ensure successful execution of the strategy to support business objectives.
- Work with Product Managers to translate technology advantages into marketing messages and compelling customer value for both technology and business decision makers
- Develop value-based messaging, positioning, customer-facing content, and sales/channel enablement tools based on differentiation to drive competitive advantage and business results
- Conduct research on markets and industry trends for assigned area and make actionable recommendations.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and deploy marketing and sales programs to meet financial targets.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) to develop messaging and content in collaboration with marketing and communications teams across all geographies.
- Promotes the product with key industry influencers including industry analysts, press and social media.
- A four-year university degree (or equivalent).
- An advanced degree in business/marketing/technology is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate has over 10 years of experience in product marketing, product management and/or solution marketing or sales, with deep subject matter expertise in converged and hyper-converged systems management as well as VMware and Microsoft virtualization environments and solutions.
- Ability to understand and profile target buyers, their needs, how, when and what they use to learn about our technology-based products and solutions.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative cross-functional team environment with the ability to build team support and common objectives in order to move projects forward to successful completion.
- Must be creative in defining GMT tactics and developing content.
- Experience using social media channels to create awareness, market and promote products, solutions and thought leadership
- Must be able to translate technical details into compelling, differentiated business level messaging.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Must be capable and comfortable presenting to senior management and large public and internal audiences including industry analysts, customers, channel partners, and sales teams.
- Travel is required, both domestic and international.
- On average travel will range from 15%-25%.
- Locations: Boston, MA, California Bay Area or Denver, CO
$70-$75 per Hour Location: Remote 3 Month Assignment