Senior Payroll Specialist*
Payroll | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Payroll Specialist 711249*
Responsibilities include timely and accurate processing of US and Canada semi-monthly payroll, handle employee inquiries, and work with the HR department to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with statutory regulations. This position will report to the Manager, Payroll.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, and terminations using ADP WorkforceNow
- Manage ADP Time & Attendance system
- Manage payroll imports into ADP WorkforceNow, including master file and pay data additions and changes
- Monitor payroll inbox and provide employee assistance in a timely manner
- Generate reports for finance, human resources and third-party vendors using ADP Reporting
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Process manual checks, as needed, for terminations, bonuses and lost checks
- Complete Employment Verification and setup Wage Withholding orders
- Prepare amendments and follow up on tax resolution issues
- Perform monthly payroll close duties including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Work closely with business partners in resolving issues related to HR, employee benefits (e.g. State Disability Insurance, Workers Compensation, long-term disability), and payroll taxes.
- Ensure accurate/timely submission of 401k, FSA, and HSA.
- Assist with other payroll tasks and ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced level experience with ADP WorkforceNow, ADP Reporting, ADP Time & Attendance, and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work well under time pressure
- Self-starter and ability to think outside the box
- Experience with Oracle R12 preferred but not required
$30-$35 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 3 Month Assignment