Senior Network Engineer 558553*
Engineering | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior Network Engineer*
In this role, you’ll be responsible for…
- All aspects of our production networking infrastructure, including layer 2 and layer 3 switching, routing, internet connectivity, and IPSEC VPN solutions.
- Network security devices including high-end firewalls, intrusion protection systems, and other security related technologies.
- Implementing and Designing tools that help us better monitor, deploy and configure our global environment.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on network and system capacity utilization and future trending
- Collaborating closely with the Security organization ensuring compliance with all audits and policies
- And last, but not definitely not least, overhauling our existing datacenters and deploying multi-site VPN, MPLS, traffic aggregation, WAN optimization and continuing to improve our intra datacenter communications!
The perfect person for this role will have a solid ‘hands-on’ background in production network engineering, and have some of the following skills and/or experiences:
- Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web
- 5+ years supporting industry standard Network & Security infrastructure using Juniper, Cisco, Appliances etc.
- Familiarity with BGP, OSPF and other relevant networking protocols
- Knowledge of automated configuration management, application tuning and global Internet performance.
- Experience designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI, ISO27001, and SAS70
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based large scale Internet systems
- Current Network or Security related industry certifications
$85-$95 per hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Contract