Senior Network Administrator
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Network Administrator 1020
Implementing and supporting complex network solutions, primarily focused on LAN
- Build-out our edge termination network infrastructure, and continuously improve the way we route customer traffic.
- Establish peering relationships with key customers and service providers.
- Owning content delivery networks (CDN) and content acceleration technologies to improve the overall performance of our service.
- Owning the relationship between our company and our multiple ISPs, including procuring and turning up/down circuits as required.
- Provide support for any team in the company needing a better understanding of WAN performance and/or problem resolution.
- Daily interacting with tools to monitor, manage, and optimize bandwidth usage.
- Minimum of 8+ years in a Network Engineering role
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco and Juniper products.
- Large-scale WAN/Backbone/ISP environment experience.
- Solid grasp of BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, CDN, Wan Acceleration, and related networking concepts, with the ability to set up, monitor, and troubleshoot.
- Superior analytics skills, with the ability to identify statistical trends in the Network and design tests to prove out concepts to increase the performance of our service globally.
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills; this role will be interacting with our Executives Customers.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks, make decisions and solve problems while under pressure, and prioritize and organize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to self-lead your day-to-day activities and build relationships with the extended organization
$80-$85 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment