Senior HR Program Manager
Human Resources | Oakland, CA | Full Time and Contract
Senior HR Program Manager
We’re looking for the glue, the anchor, the wrangler of work....the person that can help us execute against the HR vision and strategy that supports our company today and for the future. You’re curious, eager to learn, can build rapport, organize teams against a common goal, and keep a project on track. You bring structure and harmony to cross-functional efforts as well as bring a realness to the role, where we get things done as well as have fun doing it, while still keeping the program or project front and center, because after-all that is your job. You embody a mindset of change, feel comfortable in a nimble, dynamic and fluid work environment, and enable others to do the same. The Program Manager, reporting into the Head of HR Program Management, will contribute to the overall management of the HR project portfolio as well as directly manage key HR projects, both technical and non-technical. This role will also partner with leaders of HR Centers of Expertise (COE) to understand core activities and influence prioritization of new programs.
The selected candidate will:
- Be a key contributor in building out the HR PMO including embracing established methodology and identifying additional process and tools to meet the evolving needs of the business
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally using a product/software development lifecycle mentality.
- Lead effective governance across the project management lifecycle.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to determine business cases, prioritize projects and align solutions with user needs to determine next steps as well as final outcomes.
- Ensure business goals are identified and agreed upon for the project; establish quantitative KPIs with baseline and measure targets.
- Drive cross-team collaboration in a structured and efficient way seeking to accelerate progress toward plan goals while removing barriers and roadblocks along the way.
- Ensure project team and stakeholders have adequate understanding of ownership, timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies.
- Track and report project status; communicate regular updates to various constituents using centralized means.
- Manage approvals for project milestones.
- Partner with Internal Communications team to determine rollout/launch strategy; manage execution of communications plan.
- Develop change management strategies that will drive adoption and enablement for impacted audiences (employees, managers, administrators, departments, etc)
- Gain subject matter expertise of project, its business value, customer benefits and needs addressed, and deep dive into business and technical details.
- Apply business process design/improvement methodologies and tools to analyze programs and processes, identify gaps and propose enhancements and/or solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in program/project management role, ideally within an HR organization
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Proven experience driving change management initiatives and contributing to transformative initiatives
- Experience using models like DACI and AGILE and applying operation models to drive execution and decision making
- Familiarity with business process design/improvement/management methodology and tools
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project) and Google Drive products (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR or related field
- Familiarity with statutory requirements
- Worked in a mature HR service delivery model
- HR Technology and HR process experience (ideally Workday or other major HCM system, Talent Management, Succession Planning, Total Rewards, Recruitment, etc.)
- PM Masters Certificate; or PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
$55 Per Hour Oakland, CA 94612 5 Month Assignment (Possible Extension)