Finance | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Accountant 695187
As a Customer-Obsessed company whose main priority is to evaluate what would work best for the customer and ‘work backward’, we bring passion and dedication when working with External and Internal Partners.
- Support the entries and maintenance of the general ledger for Originals by ensuring proper, accurate, and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Review and analyze transactional source documentation and prepare monthly balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations including roll-forwards.
- Support current Internal Control environment to ensure that accounting records are accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Document current processes and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for complete Accounts Payable cycle for Originals LLC and subsidiaries; including entering invoices and preparation of weekly check runs.
- Responsible for bank account reconciliations for Originals LLC and subsidiaries.
- Assist with VAT compliance, including implementation of new countries and interaction with corporate.
- Responsible for accounting for Advances/Royalties for Originals LLC and maintenance of associated roll forward.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the content ingestion asset sub-ledger including the proper recording of asset additions, cost adjustments, retirements, and disposals in accordance with Company policies.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- 3-5 years of previous operational accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance or related field.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and the practical application of required standards.
- Experience in either entertainment or media; direct production accounting experience a plus
- Need strong experience with general ledger, balance sheet, journal entries, and analyzing accounts.
- Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results.
- Technical proficiency in working with accounting systems and basic financial analysis tools.
- Strong Advanced Excel skills & experience working with large data files.
- Previous new system/process implementation experience which includes identifying gaps where system enhancements can be made.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interact with various departments across an organization.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and work ethic.
- CPA a plus
- Systems implementation experience
- NetSuite and Oracle experience a plus
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment