Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
Security Officer 755242
The Security Team is committed to the highest quality of Corporate Security delivered with friendliness, individual pride and Company’s culture of creativity and collaboration. We are a risk-based security program, closely aligned with the company goals by prioritizing assets and applying physical security resources. The Security Team is available 24/7 and are prepared to meet the needs of employees across all locations within the US.
The Security Officer is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all employees, visitors and assets of the company Headquarters. They serve as the main point of contact for the intake and escalation of all issues as reported by employees, contractors, and outside agencies. Security is a 24/7 operation and you may be assigned to day, swing or the overnight shift. This position is agile and performs various assignments as a:
- Lobby and Loading Dock Officer by ensuring only authorized persons are entering our building from each entry point.
- Control Room Officer by actively monitoring and operating access control systems, CCTV systems, radio console and computer equipment.
- Acknowledge alarms and respond as needed.
- Manage communications for emergency and non-emergency calls-for-service, to include handling radio dispatch, phone, and email workstations.
- Dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations.
- Notify, assist, and direct external emergency personnel and internal Emergency Response Team as necessary.
- Monitor email inboxes, work order service requests and all communications devices; prioritize and process incoming information according to the procedure.
- Support the badging function as requested.
- Ensure the appropriate security management is apprised of all significant and unusual global events in real-time, and documentation is maintained.
- Investigate global incidents and create accurate and timely incident reports, escalating to the
- appropriate persons as necessary.
- Acts on all customer service related calls and either resolve them personally or refers issues to the appropriate individuals.
- Manages information flow to and from an incident.
- Check to ensure all Access Control, CCTV, and other tools are working properly.
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned.
- Participate in the Security Training Program: Monthly training covering various current security topics and scenarios.
- Maintain Access Control System & Visitor Management System
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to enable their work and to maintain a secure work environment.
- Develop relationships and serve as the site liaison to public safety agencies including, but not limited to; law enforcement, emergency medical responders, as well as local and state emergency management and homeland security.
- A minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- A strong understanding and troubleshooting of CCTV and Physical Access Control Systems.
- An analytical brain - identify problems and causes and implement results-oriented solutions.
- The ability to handle high-pressure situations and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A calm and professional demeanor with excellent customer service-oriented communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management ability.
- Must be competent and literate with computers.
- Have a strong knowledge of security and emergency operations.
You might also have:
- Prior security industry and/or military experience
- College degree or coursework desirable
Salary: $48k San Francisco, CA 94105