Salesforce Release Engineer 542305
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Salesforce Release Engineer
Release engineers are skilled in release methodologies and can perform most of the tasks required of release engineering – whether operational, process oriented or project-based. They may represent release engineering in discussions with other groups and can independently lead and direct small and medium-sized projects within release engineering. Their project results are complete and well documented. Processes are well documented and repeatable. Tools and software is scalable, robust and well documented. A release engineer is expected to continually strive to improve tools and processes and foster relationships with other areas by building strong networks.
5+ years hands-on Salesforce.com experience in the areas of Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, integration to enterprise systems.Responsible for software builds and releases. Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking.
- A deep understanding of SDLC
- Designs, builds, develops a build and release management system.
- Salesforce release management experience required.
- Provide oversight for deployment of releases into various environments through ensuring release readiness and adequate deployment runlist handoffs.
- Strong knowledge for a Source Control Management system like BitBucket and ANT
- Familiarity with Change and Release Management processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (RedGate, JIRA,Jenkins,Bamboo,etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Experience with source code control platforms (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to release
- Plan, manage, and socialize all release engineering activities
- Continually work towards making improvements in the build/release process.
- Perform environment planning, provisioning, and management required to support the releases
- Develops and maintains documentation of the build/release process
- Agile Scrum experience preferred
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as require
$65-$75 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 2 Month assignment