Revenue Deduction Specialist
Accounting | Alpharetta, GA | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Revenue Deduction Specialist 716466
The DS (Deduction Specialist) provides support to the cash and deduction processes. The DS has a broad scope and will support multiple ARAs (Accounts Receivable Analyst) across multiple customer portfolios, to include a high number of customer accounts and deduction volume in a specialized capacity.
- Promo deductions resolution
- Reporting and management
- Maintain trend reporting in support of meeting DDO metrics and current promo DHB balance, identify issues and take appropriate actions to include engaging stakeholders for resolving issues
- Customer and sales facing communications and weekly reporting
- Coordinate and lead weekly meetings with sales
- Credit memo processing in support of clearing non-promo deductions
- Email invoices to customers
- Obtain deduction support from customer portals and index in CMS
- Collaborate with ARAs for assigned selection of validated deductions and approved write-offs, to then issue credit memos and clear deductions across multiple ARA portfolios.
- Provide deduction trend reports and take appropriate action to assist in the improvement of the deduction resolution cycle and the overall reduction of the deduction hanging balance (DHB).
- Manage ad hoc projects in support of reducing incoming deductions and enabling root cause analysis performed by ARAs
- Manage large volumes of data in various systems to aid in the analysis
- Primary systems include SAP, BW, Siebel, MEI, Microsoft Excel and Customer portals.
- BS/BA Degree in technical or logistics related program and/or 2+ years equivalent and related experience
- Business Experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable or collections (or equivalent education)
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- In-depth/comprehensive knowledge of customer payment and deduction practices is required as well as company cash and deduction policies, to support accurate decision making across all customer portfolios.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, creatively and efficiently
- Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to new processes and procedures
- Ability to work and make decisions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Team player who helps create a results-focused and motivating team environment
- SAP system experience a plus
$20 per hour Alpharetta, GA 30022 3 Month Assignment