Quality Test Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Quality Test Engineer 4031 ^
The Storage Engineer will evaluate and test different storage solutions that use VMware and other Hypervisors. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop a new testing methodology, perform testing and collaborate with the development team to ensure the quality of the products.
- Testing, evaluation, and implementation of storage solutions that use various hypervisors
- Design and perform complex testing and evaluate features like Erasure Coding, Dedupe, Compression, migration, etc.
- Test and measure application and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results, and Best Practices.
- Assist cross-functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Develop automated test scripts
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in VMware ESXi, vSPHERE, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM, etc.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in Software Defined Storage, Hyper-Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera, etc.)
- Good hands-on experience with any of the company/IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage products.
- Hands on experience to anyone public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP is a huge plus
- VMware and any one cloud certification is a huge plus
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux & Windows
- Experience with performance analysis of storage solutions and how it relates to the hosts
- Competent with at least one of the following scripting languages; Python/Perl/Bash/KSH
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams, and customer-facing white papers
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
$60-$65 per hour Santa Clara, CA 95054 12 Month Assignment (Possibly Temp to Perm)