QA/Automation Engineer ^
Software QA | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
QA/Automation Engineer ^
- Support our portfolio of high traffic websites
- Design new tools and maintain an existing suite of toolsets, integrate them with various systems through collaboration with engineering teams
- Build cool Bots to detect issues to help improve data quality and system uptime
- Enhance Bots to alert when they detect real problems
- Take the lead when things break. Help with the Root-Cause-Analysis
- Work with DevOps and engineering teams to help tune and rightsize infrastructure for high traffic sports events (like the Superbowl, NFL, MLB, College Basketball March Madness)
- Analysis of data trends. Look for patterns to help focus on testing methodologies.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute testing activities
- Design, develop, document and execute automation scripts/tests using open source tools for both web and mobile platforms
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with writing testing scripts and using automated testing tools and technologies
- Hands-on experience with performance testing and load-testing web applications
- Worked in Agile / Scrum environments
- Experience automating tests on web, mobile, and back-end platforms using open-source software – JMeter, Locust, New Relic, Selenium, etc
- Solid knowledge of SQL, Bash scripting, Linux environments
- Experience with GIT or similar source control tools
- Expertise working with RESTful APIs, Terraform, AWS / cloud terminologies, Docker, Bash Shell scripting AND Python!
- Comfortable with Linux AND Python!
- Enjoy building things with Python
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and convey technical ideas to a varied technical audience
- Familiarity with:
- caching technologies and how they apply to high-capacity web sites (Varnish, NGINX, Redis, and Memcached)
- CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc).
- Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana
- Visualizing data in meaningful ways and Pivot Tables !!
$65 per Hour Ft. Lauderdale, FL33309 6 Month Assignment