Technical Writing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Proposal Writer 602991
Our company is looking for a high energy and motivated Proposal Writer to review requests for proposals, coordinate resources and timelines, and craft strategic responses in growing technology markets. This is a build out the new Proposal Function within the World Wide Sales Operations team. As a Proposal Writer, you will be responsible for managing tactical proposal efforts for bids while working closely with the Proposal Manager on developing and maintaining standard response material for our company. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with exceptional organization, communication, and writing skills to contribute to a growing function on the World Wide Sales Operations team.
- Together, with the Proposal Manager, lead proposal development, including reviewing RFP/RFI requests, drafting proposal content, consolidating answers from related/prior submissions, leveraging subject matter experts to assess requirements, copy editing, and project managing the proposal submission.
- Serve as the writing liaison to subject matter experts from many departments, including sales, marketing, product, customer success, legal, and the care and medical teams
- Meet proposal submission deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors
- Work cross-functionally with sales, legal, finance, channel organization, product management, and product marketing to create a competitive proposal response that is complete, accurate, and timely
- Participate in developing key differentiators.
- Identify customer references to be considered.
- Lead post proposal efforts on debriefs, kick-offs, and lessons learned
- Together, with the Proposal Manager, collaborate with product management/marketing to develop standard responses to increase the efficiency of the proposal process
- Contribute to the proposal content repository, including generating proposal templates
- Ability to work on multiple proposals, balancing milestones and due dates of each
- Coordinate proposal printing, assembling, mailing/shipping as required
- Support the Proposal Manager in other RFI/RFP initiatives as time permits
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, English, Communications, or equivalent
- At least 2 years professional work experience in proposal development, preferably in the I.T./Technology Industry
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Exemplary organizational skills including accuracy, timeliness and detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline driven environment
- Experience working with all levels and functions within an organization
- APMP certification preferred, but not required
- Extensive experience in document formatting tools including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat)
- Outgoing and comfortable building cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrates good judgement in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Comfortable working in hands-on, deadline-driven environment
$36 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 3 Month Assignment