Project Manager ^
Project Management | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Project Manager 4442 ^
- Be a primary contributor to the company’s COO Program Management Office (PMO).
- Support the active tracking and management of high-priority, strategic projects within the transformation portfolio.
- Support the standup of new projects by framing the project charters, RASCI matrices, operating structures, and delivery roadmaps.
- Drive the governance and cadence to ensure the project management backlog is managed adequately and resources are appropriately applied to projects to maximize Value to Effort (VE) ratio for COO Office.
- Lead cross-functional, geographically distributed project teams to deliver projects as scoped, on schedule, on budget, and with high quality. Provide both strategic and tactical execution support to ensure that these objectives are met.
- Demonstrate strategic understanding of stakeholder needs, and business and technology objectives. Partner with business and technical stakeholders to refine requirements and orchestrate the decomposition of those requirements into an executable project plan.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and timelines, with a clear understanding of milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and accountability.
- Navigate, partner with, and influence teams at all levels within the organization
- Confident and courageous attitude and approach in working with project teams, challenging the status quo and being a voice of objectivity and transparency
- Provide day-to-day leadership to project teams. Prioritize the team’s work, facilitate issue resolution, collaborate cross-functionally to drive project success
- Drive the project/project delivery strategy through the consistent application of a project management framework, training, methodologies, assets, and tools across the company.
- Establish guiding principles and standards for best practice Project delivery across the organization.
- Track, analyze and proactively manage project dependencies, risks, issues, action items, and decisions.
- Ensure project change controls and support decision-making on changes and investments.
- Manage the optimized allocation of and delivery against project budgets and resources. Support the realignment of resources as needed based on executive priorities.
- Collaborate with functional leaders and executives to gain alignment on strategy and execution priorities and progress.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of project/project status and performance metrics throughout its life cycle.
- Conduct regular updates to Sr. Director PMO; SVP and VPs of Transformation and Enterprise Operations; and Chief Operating Officer.
- Support organizational change management efforts to ensure stakeholder buy-in/alignment, engagement and change adoption for the changes introduced through the transformation projects. Develop collateral, communications and manage change champion network as part of these change efforts.
- Support the creation of executive and cross-project presentations and communications.
- Foster a culture of collaborative, transparent, engaged, and efficient project teams.
- Contribute to the overall maturation of the program/project management and organizational change management capabilities with the organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Management consulting experience preferred.
- Proficiency in leading complex cross-functional business-led programs/projects, using established PM methodologies. Experience with both waterfall and agile/hybrid delivery methodologies preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools; i.e., MS Project and PPM solutions.
- Experience in software development management tools; i.e., JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Experience across the full project lifecycle from inception/discovery through launch.
- Highly skilled in MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Experience working cross-functionally across a variety of business and technical stakeholders and an ability to interact with multiple stakeholders daily.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about corporate-level priorities and support the infusion and communication of these priorities through project execution.
- Experience with business and functional analysis that demonstrates the ability to understand and articulate business needs.
- Business acumen to understand and articulate business drivers and costs that factor into the business case development for projects.
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Experience in the technology sector, preferably in digital transformation, IoT and/or analytics
- Experience working with senior level executives and preparing content and messaging for executive-level communication.
- Strong communication, influencing, and organizational skills and a “get it done” attitude.
- Experience in managing organizational change and stakeholder buy-in.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Ability to bring structure and process-orientation to break down complex tasks into manageable goals and activities.
- The solution-oriented mindset with inherent curiosity, desire to learn and grow, resilience in the face of challenges, and ability to be flexible and adapt quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, diligence in working through activities at a granular level, with minimal error or letting things fall through the cracks.
- Strong skills in collaborating with, leading and motivating project teams, holding self and teams accountable.
- Brings energy to his/her work approach and able to enroll others to be a part of our shared success.
- Comfort with working on a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
$40-$45 per hour Santa Clara, CA 9 Month Assignment