Project Manager 595820
Digital Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
The Project Manager will manage the workflow of select projects from job conception to delivery (i.e. “plan, create, execute, close”). This role is responsible for planning and managing resources as well as effectively communicating progress across multiple disciplines throughout the project in order to ensure that the team delivers high quality projects on schedule. The project manager will also work closely with the Sr Director to build the team’s ‘playbook,’ including sample schedules, documents, and process guides.
- Manage the brief intake process by interpreting requirements, defining the scope, creating schedules, and resolve conflicting priorities to ensure quality on-time delivery of assets and efficient utilization of resources
- During the “plan” phase, help to define scope and resource needs for project
- Segregate projects into “light,” “medium,” and “heavy”; work with Sr Director to identify level of day-to-day involvement based on ranking and support level needed:
- Light – create initial project schedule and help gather assets
- Medium – same as light plus attend weekly meetings
- Heavy – same as medium plus potential for day-to-day detail management
- Track project plan and review daily/weekly work schedule with key stakeholders
- Ensure project milestones and objectives are met for both internal projects and with agencies
- May act as the hub between external agencies and/or internal clients/creative teams to manage projects efficiently through the workflow process to final delivery
- Gather and traffic assets as needed
- Close completed jobs and archive assets
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders about the status of all jobs in progress, proactively advising on and problem solving for any identified trouble spots, schedule changes, or delays that may impact expected business results
- Maintain team project tracker and work across the team to ensure team members are properly updating
- Escalate ‘at risk’ deadlines with enough time to develop solutions
- Oversee team shared drive; own document nomenclature and organization system
- Serve as key representative with other teams respective project managers
- Develop process and drive workflow efficiency with internal creative teams and external agencies
- Maintain select planning documents as needed by Sr Director
- Support onboarding of new agencies
- Own scheduling of meetings and distribution of meeting notes
- Oversee implementation of all team workflow and project management tools, such as SmartSheets including creation and team implementation of custom use cases, dashboards, etc.
- Create process documents, sample schedules, and decks and drive consistency across the team.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to work efficiently independently as well as a team.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and have project management skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Strong understanding of the planning process, delivering high quality projects on schedule, planning and defining scope and needs for projects based on low to high levels of support
- Sharp attention to detail and exceptional organization skills to ensure assets delivery meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude even in the face of rapidly changing variables.
- 3-5 years of project management experience in a fast-paced agency or in-house
- 3 + years experience with social media content is required.
- Command of project management tool, Smartsheets required
- Knowledge of other project planning tools including but not limited to BaseCamp, Trello, etc. is a major plus.
$40 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 6 Month Assignment