Product Release Manager 556789
Engineering | Thousand Oaks, CA | Full Time and Contract
Product Release Manager
Manage and coordinate release activities for Wireless Business Unit (WBU) projects from internal Engineering groups and related vendor services. Work with Engineering, PLM, Mfg, Customer Support and company Release Management to ensure the successful deployment of software with minimal customer and business related impact. Schedule and facilitate project release planning meetings with Engineering, Customer Support, Mfg and other effected groups to ensure that project teams meet all Release Management requirements and deadlines prior to release
- including target install dates/times
- Work with PLM and Eng to ensure that properly documented release notes are completed and ready for product release at the time of the release of the product.
- Work with Mfg to generate product release ECO’s for both Hardware and Software products
- Maintain and update Sharepoint with current product information for software and hardware
- Created SharePoint dashboard and reports to document progress for the project teams and the
- Facilitate and promote communication related to product status and releases across functional groups including Project Management Team, PLM, Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Support
- Develop process flow and modification to process flow documents as required by the WBU to support NPI and Life Cycle Management
- As a Project Manager, work with Engineering, PLM and Manufacturing to coordinate WiFi product certifications within the WBU (Engineering) and outside vendors who provide testing and certification services.
- As a Project Manager, work with company legal to ensure cloud products are compliant with security and privacy standards like GDPR in the EU
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five years experience in Wi-Fi or other wireless technology development (hardware design, software design or product management)
- Minimum of five years project management experience.
- Must have proven understanding of Project Management practices including planning, scheduling and tracking with agile, waterfall and other life cycle methodologies.
- Solid understanding of hardware and software product design processes including CAD tool flow, embedded Linux, cloud SaaS development and virtualized hosted platforms.
- Experienced user of Project Management tools such as Project, Jira, Aha! and Rally.
- Skilled user of Microsoft products especially Sharepoint and Office Suite.
- Comfortable collaborating with and coordinating multiple groups with possibly divergent interests including customers, product management, engineering, vendors and management.
- Self-starting and independent worker with excellent communication skills who understands how to navigate projects firmly and tactfully.
$45 Per Hour Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 12 Month Assignment