Product Manager 7019856
Engineering | Florence, KY | Full Time
The Product Champion works with all stakeholders in the Product Development Management Process (PDMP) to ensure that the right product / service offerings are developed for the right markets at the right time at the right cost. Manage a business plan that identifies company’s current market positon and provides a direction for future growth. Identify both internal and external sources of new products and services. Ensure that the business development process involves the timely, appropriate and effective participation of all parts of the organization.
- Business Planning
- Create and maintain the business plan for assigned major product line and service offering.
- Appropriately segment company’s markets to assess specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Monitor competitor activity to evaluate relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct research with internal, external and prospective customers.
- Perform sales, trend, and profitability analyses.
- Upon request, provide a monthly business report and an annual business summary.
- Cultivate and leverage the creativity of company personnel to conceptualize new products and services that can generate profitable growth related to assigned products.
- Identify growth opportunities that can be realized through alliances with or acquisitions of businesses possessing significant advantages in terms of technology, products, services, manufacturing or distribution.
- Proactively drive specific product and service development efforts from idea through obsolescence.
- Work within the CLM process and the PDD and interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Operations, QHSE, Sales and Legal functions as projects advance through Stage-Gate.
- Monitor project status through continuous interaction with the Development Manager.
- Make evaluations and recommendations regarding development resource allocation and project priorities.
- Work with Sales and Marketing as needed to
- Articulate the company's distinctive competence and the offering's unique value proposition.
- Ensure that the product / service is correctly positioned, priced and launched.
- Help develop innovative and effective marketing programs, collateral, sales tools, training aids and trade show events.
- Act as spokesman at the appropriate trade associations and technical societies.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out per our quality standards in a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Educate and influence yourself and other employees so that they embrace quality, health, safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Continually improve our QHSE performance.
- A technical undergraduate degree or engineering degree is required and an MBA is highly desired.
- Minimum five years managing and promoting technology products, from development through launch and sales ramp up.
- Demonstrated success in product development, product launches and execution of marketing strategies.
- Recognized expert in the Processing Industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Internet and prior experience utilizing the web as a marketing vehicle.
- Experience developing relationships with departments and customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience making technical presentations to large and diverse audiences.
- Well versed in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Salary - $90-$105K (depending on experience) Florence KY 41042