Procurement | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Procurement Specialist 8733920
The Procurement Specialist ensures items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
- Interfaces with Product Line Planning Manager in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the Product Line
- Act as the focal contact person for all supply chain & finance initiatives at the district/location.
- Ensure POs are created prior to commitment and GR is performed within 3 days of goods receipt or service delivery.
- Interface with the local AP personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly at the local level.
- Ensures that the correct buy to pay channel (matrix) is consistently applied with regard to the use of P-Cards and POs.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items and manages the approval process
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders, with appropriate supporting documents, to Supplier
- Tracks acknowledgment of order by Supplier
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to internal customers
- Enquires and tracks with designated Supplier and confirmation of System Lead Time, Delivery Date and Cost- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Reports Supplier non-conformances
- Follows up System Action Messages in a timely manner- Prepares return documentation to Supplier
- Ensure Adherence to approved Supplier agreements/contracts
- Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Prepares Non-BOM Purchase Orders within System as directed by the Procurement Manager or Procurement Leader
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources form assigned tasks
- Work with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of the local supplier base. Specific deliverables of the position
- Accurate and timely preparation of Purchase Orders.
- Tracking and update of Open Purchase Orders from approval through to closure.
- Immediate reporting of non-conformances with follow up until resolved.
- Bachelor in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
- 2 Years of Experience in Engineering or Manufacturing
- High collaboration with others
- Managing Change
- Must have good Leadership and management skills
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Performance management capability
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
$25-$30 per Hour Sugar Land TX 77478 3-9 Month Assignment