Procurement | Miami, FL | Full Time and Contract
This is a professional procurement in the centralized Procurement Management Department for the performance of highly responsible work in the formulation, issuance, negotiation and award of contracts for goods and services. Employees in this classification work with a variety of user departments as the procurement contracting officer to guide and manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) and similar competitive negotiation processes (and Invitations to Bid (ITB) when requested),
and to effectively negotiate contracts under competitive and non-competitive processes. This position acts in a confidential capacity to assist or aid the Director, Associate Director, or Manager in the department.
- Collaborates closely with user departments in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other solicitation documents for competitive evaluation and negotiation.
- Determines if RFP process is the most effective procurement method and recommends other processes when appropriate.
- Reviews and edits scopes of work for effective technical requirements, performance criteria, projectschedules and milestones.
- Performs market research to establish appropriate vendor qualifications, solicitation and contract terms and conditions, price schedules and other variables affecting and vendor performance and deliverables.
- Produces solicitation documents that form an adequate basis for competition and proposal evaluation. Develops solicitation/contract specific language necessary to meet the needs of each RFP (or ITB).
- Prepares Invitation to Bid (ITB) solicitation documents and manages ITB (sealed bid) procurement process when requested.
- Formulates the appropriate solicitation evaluation/selection criteria for each RFP, including respective weights or order of importance.
- Provides leadership and guidance to user department staff and evaluation/selection committees with respect to procurement and procedural matters, evaluation of vendor proposals, selection committee meetings, and formulation of award recommendations.
- Guides evaluation/selection committees and negotiation teams in the preparation of proposal evaluation andvendor negotiation strategies and related matters.
- Negotiates, or assists in the negotiation of, contracts in competitive and non-competitive situations, including terms and conditions, price, performance criteria and deliverables.
- Negotiates commercial business agreements. Negotiates post-award contract modifications with existing vendors including terms, conditions and price.
- Assists managers and colleagues in the development of procurement best practices and innovative strategies to streamline and improve the delivery of procurement services.
- Consults with the County Attorney on issues relating to RFP (and ITB) submissions, contractual matters, legal sufficiency and review and final contract approval.
- Conducts pre-proposal conferences to inform potential vendors regarding the particular RFP process, requirements and schedule, and to answer questions.
- Prepares various process-related documents including advertisements and announcements, supportingmemoranda and reports, and Trust Board items and resolutions.
- Maintains RFP (ITB) process records and files. Performs other related tasks and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree required; at least two years undergraduate college study.
- At least two years of full-time experience in professional procurement contracting required.
- Experience in public purchasing and/or hospital purchasing preferred.
- Professional procurement certification required. Professional certification in public purchasing and/or hospital purchasing preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills highly preferred. Position requires exercise of independent judgment.
$45-$60 Per Hour (depending on experience) Miami, FL 33126 3 Month Assignment