Process Improvement Specialist
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Process Improvement Specialist 782111
- Works with Practice Access Optimization (PAO) Team to support multiple complex, highly visible performance improvement projects
- Responsible for the development of process maps to support process improvement projects; e.g. diagram standard work for referral processing and triage decisions within specialty ambulatory clinics.
- Works closely with practice managers and physician practice leads to ensure referral pathways reflect optimal practice operations and physician workflows.
- Together with clinical and administrative leadership, facilitate agreement of standard work between multi-location clinic sites.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on clinic referral pathways and operations.
- Assesses clinic processes and operational data and identifies trends.
- Recommends methods and processes to improve patient access, operational efficiency, and productivity.
- Implements change management strategies to support project outcomes, including escalations to clinical and administrative leadership to resolve disagreements or inadequate engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- 3+ years experience managing performance improvement projects in a healthcare setting.
- Experience working with physician and administrative leadeship.
- Advanced knowledge of clinical and operational workflows within the ambulatory care clinic setting.
- Advanced project management and process imrovement skills.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage time, see projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to manage multiple levels of information and responsibilities, to quickly assess complex problems, and to develop and implement timely and effective solutions.
- Advanced communication skills; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate about clinic operations and advocate for clinic.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills to influence staff, management, and clinicians at all levels and across departments.
- Skills to work collaboratively; coordinate and integrate with others throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively persuade and negotiate results in complex situations.
- Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in the Microsoft Suite, including Vizio or similar process mapping software.
- Ability to travel to all Health locations is required.
- EPIC Knowledge; technical understanding of Epic/Cadence, Epic-Care Ambulatory, Referrals, Prelude-Registration,
- PB and Reporting systems and integrations/dependencies between those systems.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, research and reporting, particularly methods used in ambulatory care clinics.
- Master's Degree in nursing, health or the health care administration field or demonstrated success in consulting, project management, change management capacity in related healthcare, hospital or ambulatory setting.
- Lean Six Sigma certification with process improvement experience
$100 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 12 Month Assignment