Privacy Analyst 582000
Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
The Privacy Investigator investigates issues and implements solutions and manages multiple complex privacy/compliance HIPAA projects. This position will analyze data and produce mandatory compliance reports. Ensures written correspondence to and from the Privacy Office is accurate and in compliance with policies and procedures; tracks active priorities; assists with development of strategies to address issues; manages information storage and retrieval. Provides analytical support to the Privacy Officer and acts as liaison to reporting departments. Assists in a database administrator role to track and manage compliance projects, issues and resolutions to issues and breaches. Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Manager of Investigations and Regulatory or the Chief Privacy Officer. Applies knowledge of internal and external privacy and compliance regulations to execute preventative, investigative, and analytical compliance activities of all levels of complexity. Ability to read, analyze, and convey requirements outlined in relevant laws, regulations, and government advisories.
- Essential Performs basic design, development, modification and debugging of software. Evaluates basic software for functional areas. Analyzes existing software or works to formulate logic for basic systems, prepares basic specifications and performs coding.
- Conducts moderate to complex investigations of suspected and reported violations of laws and policies. Independently conducts investigations. Presents findings to include assessment of potential liability and impact. Acts as liaison in joint investigations with other location resources. Investigates HIPAA issues/breaches and process/develop resolutions in collaboration with appropriate departments.
- Conducts initial risk assessments for privacy issues and complaints through research, interviewing and analyzing. Implements courses of action according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and implementing and monitoring action plans to maintain compliance with regulatory bodies. Reports on processes and practices compliance with external regulatory agencies, identifies potential issues. Responsible for data gathering, analysis and presentation for privacy office data. Drafts correspondence related to inquiries, consultations, investigations.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and 3 years of related experience and / or equivalent experience / training
- Master's degree or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance.
- Fresh out of law school candidates is preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Investigations experience
- Privacy/compliance experience preferred
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS).
- IAPP Certification: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Possible temp to hire role
$36 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 5 Month Assignment (Possible temp to hire)