Privacy Analyst 565296
Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Involves the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in privacy and security of patient and protected health information. Develops privacy policies and systems from a strategic perspective; keeps abreast of privacy compliance issues, plans for changes and / or integration as new healthcare affiliations are assumed. Works with legal counsel, external agencies and management to manage breach incidents. Provides education and consultation to hospital and medical staff regarding the requirements.
- Conducts moderate to complex investigations of suspected and reported violations of laws and policies.
- Independently conducts investigations.
- Presents findings to include assessment of potential liability and company impact.
- Acts as liaison in joint investigations with other location resources.
- Investigates HIPAA issues/breaches and process/develop resolutions in collaboration with appropriate departments
- Conducts initial risk assessments for privacy issues and complaints through research, interviewing and analyzing.
- Implements courses of action according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and implementing and monitoring action plans to maintain compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Reports on processes and practices compliance with external regulatory agencies, identifies potential issues.
- Responsible for data gathering, analysis and presentation for privacy office data for company as well as department goals.
- Drafts correspondence related to inquiries, consultations, investigations.
- Analyzes privacy and compliance and identifies patterns or trends. Provides regular reports and proposals to address issues to management.
- Oversees the maintenance of databases, verifying systems, processes, and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for data entry, monitoring and tracking of HIPAA consultations, investigations and issues received in person, on the phone and through the mail/email.Track and manage data for report production.
- Assist in design and maintains interdepartmental databases, systems, processes, and procedures to facilitate workflow as assigned by the Privacy Managers.
- Assist in maintaining database integrity, including evaluating and as directed, implements changes/updates to the databases.
- Independently monitors and investigates database errors and operational issues. Prepare database queries and reports as required by the Privacy Officers.
- Uses audit tools to assess compliance of privacy and security of patient and health related information at all levels of complexity.
- Develops and delivers privacy training and communications to address a variety of privacy issues and programs.
- Responds to caller hotline, provides investigations to uncover and resolve issues. Participates or leads privacy committee meetings and task forces.
- Represents the privacy division at meetings, advocating for outcomes that will ensure the program maintains compliance. Collaborates with cross-functional teams and department staff and management, physicians, and external agencies.
- Assist and coordinate efforts with the new Privacy Program and the Research Privacy Program. Coordinates and manages special projects including literature research, as assigned by the Privacy Officers.
- Fresh out of law school candidates is preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Investigations experience
- Privacy/compliance experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related area and 3 years of related experience and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance.
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS).
- IAPP Certification: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Master's degree or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
$36 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 5 Month Assignment (Possible temp to hire)