Precision Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Precision Mechanical Design Engineer 60055
In this role as a Precision Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer you will be a key member of a multidisciplinary team of R&D engineers who develop precision opto-mechanical systems with interferometers and lasers. You will bring the design from initial concept to final product realization, develop manufacturing tools and processes to support your product and carry it into production in our local world class factory right here in Santa Clara.
- Using your innate creativity and deep knowledge of precision engineering design principles to conceive and develop products that satisfy customer’s system requirements.
- Analyze and optimize your designs using FEA to ensure performance under all thermal and dynamic conditions in the application.
- Prototype and validate your design with real hardware built by our internal model shop and local manufacturing line.
- Design and develop precision alignment tooling and manufacturing processes to ensure achieving performance at desired production yields.
- Coordinate your work and share technology with others in multidisciplinary team including MEs, physicists, EEs, optical engineers.
- Research new, emerging materials and technologies for use in current and future products.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field (Materials Science, etc) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 7+ years of mechanical design experience for products and/or tool development
- Expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: kinematic design, optics, adhesives, vacuum, and precision machining.
- Self-starter able to think and act independently to translate general objectives into tangible results, with a record of delivering successful designs on schedule to meet market requirements.
- Proficiency in using ME CAD tools for design and FEA for analysis. (PTC Creo and ANSYS preferred)
- Excellent communication and ability to work well in team environment with people at all levels
- Direct design experience with precision opto-mechanical products such as lasers, interferometers, fiber optics collimators or optical systems.
- Familiarity with optical design principles and ray tracing.
- MS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar technical field
- Experience the semiconductor capital equipment and/or precision motion controls.
- Knowledge of and significant prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable
$75 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95051 6 Month Assignment