Payroll Operations Manager 3739*
Finance | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Payroll Operations Manager
We are seeking a results oriented and service driven Payroll Operations Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.The ideal candidate will have strong influencing skills, the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, people management experience and the ability to work with various internal and external partners in providing a best in class and customer orientated payroll service.
The Payroll Manager will supervise payroll preparation/processing for a number of AMER countries including US, Canada and Brazil. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for payroll tax and compliance reporting, vendor management, maintaining accurate payroll records and supporting the payroll accounting function in preparing and reviewing payroll journal entries and associated month and quarter end activities.
- Management of the Americas payroll processes including directing all aspects of payroll operations, overseeing payroll processes and procedures including taxes and finance demands regarding payroll payments and designing short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations.
- Define and establish best-in-class global process for Americas payroll operations, including interaction with MSFT stock administration and employee benefits programs, which meets jurisdictional compliance requirements, delivers outstanding employee support and enables our regional expansion programs
- Ensure all employees are paid on time, accurately, compliantly and in a customer focused manner
- Review and approve monthly payroll as prepared by the payroll team
- Manage external payroll provider network in line with service level agreements
- Provide assistance and support to the employment tax team for regulatory payroll audits and other employment tax associated activities
- Participate, support and represent the payroll organization in the rollout of cross functional initiatives
- Promote the professional growth of each member of the payroll team
- Liaise with internal partners and external tax advisors in the processing of expatriates payroll
- Ensure all payroll regulatory filings are completed in line with statutory due dates
- Maintain, review and update payroll processes and procedures an on-going basis
- Provide key stakeholders with ad hoc reports as requested
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional payroll groups
- ADP ProBusiness and both Canada and US Payroll Operations knowledge is mandatory.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Payroll Certification preferred
- 8 years of payroll experience; candidate should have full cycle payroll experience.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to think strategically and also act operationally and ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Previous experience with payroll in a similarly-sized tech company.
$50-$60 per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 12 Month Assignment