Payroll | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Payroll Analyst 776213
- Under general supervision, provides analysis of moderate payroll projects such as garnishment of wages.
- Conducts disposable income calculations.
- Provides assistance to payroll processors on moderately complex transactions.
- Applies professional concepts in analyzing and reviewing department payroll actions appearing on overpayment/underpayment reports to determine processing errors.
- Audits and reconciles payroll benefit deductions.
- Interprets pay policies (for example, vacation, leave of absence, disability, workers compensation, union contracts, government regulations, withholding exemptions, et cetera), and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly.
- Assists departments with questions concerning eligibility, enrollment, and payment issues.
- Coordinates with the Office of the President's UC system-wide administration on clearance of items in financial journals, and distributes expenses to the appropriate departments and accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes reports for discrepancies, and works with departments to make corrections.
- Identifies and analyzes reconciliation of payroll liability accounts.
- Provides background information to higher-level Payroll Analysts for resolution.
- Provides ad hoc payroll training to departmental payroll processors.
- Conducts payroll transfers to other departments and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience/training.
- Working knowledge of many payroll processes, policies, and procedures; knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs.
- Working knowledge of organizational processes, procedures, and understands organizational rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills; verbal, written and active listening communication skills.
- Uses interpersonal skills and service orientation skills in interactions with customers and colleagues.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Problem-solving, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Intermediate mathematical skills.
$25 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 12 Month Assignment