Patient Navigator 582284
Healthcare/Medical | Brisbane, CA | Full Time and Contract
- Primary duties of the Primary Care Patient Navigator is to provide detailed information to potential patients about Primary Care departments’ services. An understanding of Executive Health and 360 Positive Health is also required. Must know all service offerings and be able to communicate each to the patient.
- Facilitation of care between Hospital Discharge, Ambulatory specialty practices, Emergency Department (ED), Screening & Acute Care Clinic and all community contact to facilitate patients with establishing primary care.
- Ability to create, manage, and update referral queues for Primary Care.
- Special accommodation for Accountable Care Organization and San Francisco Health Plan patients seeking to establish primary care.
- Understanding of processes for linking patients to primary care and urgent care to avoid excessive and unnecessary ED visits.
- Provides feedback to primary care administrators regarding any needed updates to patient literature and/or primary care webpage information.
- Demonstrates courtesy, common sense and follow through in all telephone communications, maintaining the Medical Center Telephone Standards.
- Registers and schedules patients using Apex and sends out new patient information to the patient for completion prior their appointment.
- Has keen awareness of the need to provide prompt and convenient appointment access to patients.
- Adheres to the provider productivity standards established for the practice and schedules appointments with the appropriate appointment type.
- Upholds policy regarding the maintenance and confidentiality of the medical records
- Confirms all new patient appointments the day before.
- Utilizes legacy systems and Apex to retrieve pertinent patient data.
- Follows practice procedure for follow-up of missed appointments.
- Processes and completes APeX staff messages from departments seeking primary care for patients.
- Records complete demographics, emergency contact information, pharmacy preference and sends out New Patient packets and MyChart activation codes.
- Sends video invitations and regularly reviews video offerings to enhance patient engagement and education.
- Analyzes clerical and administrative issues. Structures policies and procedures. Gathers and summarizes data. Makes recommendations based upon data.
- Implements, monitors, and evaluates work flow policies to ensure timelines and professionalism.
- Manages work flow modifications in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provides & receives regular feedback to Assistant Director of Primary Care and primary care practice leadership any changes to recruitment of new patients or workflows associated establishing care at primary care.
- Minimum of 2 years Call Center and/or MyChart or other patient portal technical and administrative support experience.
- Minimum of 2 years EPIC experience or related clinical application
- Minimum of two years’ experience in training required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated computer experience working with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, and other browser knowledge.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Role models sensitivity to patient confidentiality and promotes patient privacy.
- College degree with two (2) years of related work experience.
- Experience in Sales and Marketing preferred.
- Experience in a health care field or a telephone customer service setting.
- Bilingual or multilingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Russian) strongly preferred.
$25-$30 per hour 3 Month Contract Brisbane, CA 94005