Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant 1102024
A leading video, audio, and voice technologies company is seeking a Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will coordinate U.S. and foreign filing and prosecution, collaborating with a large team including in-house attorneys, agents, and patent paralegals, as well as outside counsel. The ideal candidate excels at obtaining and effectively communicating information related to pending patent applications and matters of U.S. and foreign patent law. The company offers a great work environment!
Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $45/hr
- Worksite: Leading audio video, audio, and voice technologies company (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 5 Month Assignment
Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support.
- Scan, download, and save certificates, search reports, and route correspondence into electronic files.
- Research, prepare, and draft complex legal documents for international patent filings and prosecution.
- Prepare aesthetic and accurate U.S. applications and PCT applications and documents using PCT-SAFE. File PCT and U.S. applications electronically through EFS-Web.
- Work with internal attorneys, agents, and international law firms utilizing knowledge of U.S. and foreign patent rules and requirements to respond to office actions, complete formalities, and provide all materials and support.
- Monitor and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Respond to questions regarding third-party and our patents from internal and external customers.
- Research and provide accurate responses regarding patent terms, relevant dates, priority applications, ownership, and other pertinent information by researching appropriate resources, including internal databases, attorney reports, and external specialized patent resources such as PAIR, Espacenet, Patentscope, and world-wide patent offices.
- Ensure compliance with patent handling procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Patent Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
- 3+ years of combined U.S. and foreign patent filing experience.
- Experience with MxHero, Box, Anaqua, or other patent & trademark docketing systems a plus.
- Both in-house and private practice law firm experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certification, or the equivalent in experience.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty in all matters.
- Exhibit professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of the U.S. and international patent filing procedures and rules.
- Ability to read, understand, and extract relevant information accurately from legal documents.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced skills using Word and Excel.
- The ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.