Technical Operations | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Operations Engineer, Private Cloud (VMware) 1353
The VMware Private Cloud Team is looking for an Operations Engineer to join our team to help manage daily tasks and provide operational support for the team.
The VMware Private Cloud Team is looking for an Operations Engineer to join our team to help manage daily tasks and provide operational support for the team. We are looking for individuals who possess a deep passion for virtualization. This individual will share our desire to be operationally excellent and to bring about solutions that provide meaningful impact to our customers and our business.
You must be organized and thoughtful and always eager to share as much as you learn from others. You should be experienced with tackling complex problems and driving them to solutions. You must have strong systems administration background in managing heterogeneous environments.
- Support the VMware platform and services across the globe and ensure consistent availability
- Be our dedicated watcher and communicator for our customer base
- Be an initial responder when requests are received
- Facilitate ticket creation and ticket assignment
- Ensure correct closure for requests
- Leverage existing automation to perform day to day duties
- Track and troubleshoot hardware/software issues with vendors
- Document, plan and execute changes according to proper change management processes
- Strong knowledge and significant experience with VMware vSphere
- Strong knowledge in Linux support and administration
- Experience working with vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience using Slack
- Possess 3+ years experience in a 24x7 production environment
- Knows systems very operation.
- Operations focus
- Look at systems problems and hardware fix
- Can watch slack channels and email group box, front line for these issues
$46 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment