Network Engineer 2818
IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Sr. Network Engineer
Looking for senior network engineer who has built and operated large data center and core IP network, also who has excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot large networks, highly motivated and ready to take on new challenges.
- Deep understanding and experience of the data center and IP networking including Layer 3 architectures
- Basic understanding of configuring and troubleshooting switched networks with L2 protocols (STP,VLAN,Trunks and port-channels) and L3 protocols (BGP,OSPF,ECMP)
- Basic understanding of L1 data center infrastructure (optics, cabling)
- Review and configure firewalls and ACL filters
- Review and configure load-balancers and VIPs
- Configure and troubleshooting large network- multiple datacenters and backbone with Juniper and Cisco switches and routers
- Basic understanding of IPv6
- Monitor and respond to network incidents, triage and resolve the problems
- Own the day to day network incidents/tickets and offer seamless and satisfactory experience to application leads
- Participate in team on call rotation
- Interface frequently with cross discipline support teams (Systems, Database, and Storage)
- Automate repetitive network operations tasks using python or any other scripting tool in collaboration with network engineering team
- B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer for a content or network provider.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms.
- Experience of scripting languages
$75-$85 Per Hour Sunnyvale CA 94085 6 Month Assignment