NAS Technical Consultant^
IT & IS | Dallas, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
NAS Technical Consultant 3312^
The NAS Technical Consultant must have NetApp, EMC VNX, HNAS File based experience. The proper candidate will have the required experience with enterprise level NAS Data Migration. This includes leading and guiding others to improve processes and efficiencies in administering an environment as well as in-depth technical capabilities. The NAS Technical Consultant must be able to meet with customers and present materials such as reports detailing activities, to RCA’s/Status from issues and outages. The NAS Technical consultant will be required to work during weekends.
- Hands-on NAS architect knowledge
- Hands on experience with NETAPP and VNX CIFS/NFS/Multiprotocol environments and troubleshooting the same.
- Hands on experience on VNX/HNAS provisioning and load balancing concepts.
- Hands-on experience with the NAS migration tools like EMCOPY/ROBOCOPY/rsync and troubleshooting any issues during NAS migration.
- Hands on experience with LDAP, user mapper in NAS environments.
- Basic Unix system administration skills
- NAS Storage Capacity management and planning
- Ability to generate the Source to Target volume mapping with all the dependencies involved for the NAS migration from NetApp to VNX and VNX to HNAS
- Perform all functions of an enterprise NAS environment including data protection, backup & archiving, de-duplication and replication – snapmirror & snapshot technologies.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with the application users and server owners on the NAS migration.
- Familiar with ITSM tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy to work on Incident, Change and Problem Management functions.
- Must have at least 5 years of solid NAS administration experience in data migration and support
- In-depth knowledge in Industry leading NAS storage subsystems: HDS: VSP/AMS/HNAS, EMC: VNX File, ISILON and NETAPP NAS Filers
- Must be Able to create, analyze, modify and improve technical procedures and technical documents
- Able to write technical reports, procedures, and correspondence that are clearly understood.
$65-$70 per Hour Dallas, TX 75287 12 Month Assignment