Software ENG & DEV | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Mobile Developer 705800
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of the Android team. Our core goal is to make Android app development faster and higher quality.
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across the company and beyond.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
- Evangelize our content and application, work closely with business development, and through events like external hackathons and internal brown bag sessions.
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within the company. Sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity while translating our organizational vision into functional plans that guide their execution.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never a bottleneck. See around the corner and anticipate developers' needs.
- Mentor and grow developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong C/C++ & Java skills and experience writing SDK (or Java libraries).
- Any Android experience would be a plus.
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
- Great communication skills - the ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications
- Experience in streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering
Newark, NJ 07102 8 Month Assignment