Mechanical Engineering | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Mechanical Engineer 9220573
- Under general direction, provide engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products.
- Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
- Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- May present solutions to clients.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code, and other artifacts.
- Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
- May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures, and results) following the PLMP custom form of the project.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
- Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain the company's technical leadership position.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents, and presentations.
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains, and clients.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization, and business.
- Understand and provide technical solutions according to the company strategy.
- Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
- 4 – 7 years of relevant experience.
$35-$40 per hour Sugarland, TX 77478 6 Month Assignment