Mechanical CAD Designer
Mechanical Engineering | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Mechanical CAD Designer 9012335
Prepares and maintains engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI standards completely and accurately considering methods of manufacture, tolerance, and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
- Functions as a design engineer for routine/correction (ECR & ECO).
- Prepares average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system
- Depending on seniority, prepares and maintains the most complex mechanical and average complexity electrical/electronic product/production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction using the CAD system on a consistent and competent basis.
- Responsible for the accuracy of his/ her own assignments except features of design which are the responsibility of the project engineer.
- Possesses a total understanding of ANSI drafting methods, standards, and procedures.
- Possesses a total understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI standards and procedures
- Possesses a total understanding of mechanical and basic knowledge of electrical/ electronic product line
- Maintains accurate status reports on all projects assigned.
- Depending on the local education system, this can be Diplomas, high school graduate preferably followed with two-year technical school or associate degree, engineering degrees. All should be in the relevant subject (electrical, manufacturing or specifically drafting).
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to contribute independently
- Quality and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Business Systems (product file management system, ERP)
- Relevant CAD Systems
- Electromechanical Design
- Manufacturing Technology
- Material Selection
- Mechanical System Design
- Product Maintainability
- Product Reliability
- Simulation and Modeling
$25-$30 per Hour Sugar Land TX 77478 6 Month Assignment