Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Management Accountant 8321536
The Management Accountant is primarily responsible for taking actions that ensure transactions impacting the financial reports are properly monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in the proper period.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Balance sheet account review and reconciliation and preparation of associated BS notes.
- P&L variance analysis including review of detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and DSO reporting, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
- Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Control over systems posting and reporting.
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
- Assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
- Problem Solving: basic skill in project estimation with standard complexity, creative and innovative solutions, analytical oriented, and basic decision-making skills communication.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team with basic project mgt. skills.
- Communication: standard oral and written communication skills, and customer oriented.
- Cross Discipline: basic understanding of company strategy the practice of the principles of Quality Management.
- Finance or Accounting Degree
- Required Experience 5 + years in a financial role.
$26-$30 per Hour Houston TX 77077 6 Month Assignment