Logistics Specialist (7481798)
Operations | Houston, TX | Temporary
The Logistics Specialist will work with a team of logistics/finance professionals to manage payment flows for North America Logistics operations. Responsible for the researching, tracking, monitoring, coding, validating and corresponding with carriers regarding their invoice payments and issues.
• Monitors invoices on a daily basis
• Fast learner of new systems; able to work in multiple system simultaneously
• Able to operate proactively and effectively in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
• Works well with others, has a desire to cross train with team members in a similar capacity to accomplish common tasks
• Communicates (verbally and written) well with customers, managers, carriers and other interested parties in a professional manner that represents the company well
• Ability to establish a high level of professional integrity, trust and credibility within the organization
• Able to provide timely information and updates to internal and external customers upon request; able to provide feedback to carriers and manage any outstanding issues and other problems that may arise within the payment process
• Prioritize and resolve freight pay issues in a timely manner
• Able to provide periodic reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed for your area of responsibility and analysis
• Able to read and understand legal contracts and logistics rates
• Must be able to work in an office environment on a computer and phone for several hours at a time.
• Able to identify areas to improve processes, resolve service failures without compromising service quality
• Is detailed oriented and a multi-taker
• Must have at least an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• May be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the business and/or company.
• Willing to work off hours as needed.
• Able to create systemic processes (i.e. coding, scripting, macros)
• VBA and/or SQL
• Microsoft Visio
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or four years equivalent experience in Supply Chain and Finance/Accounting background
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experienced in Oracle and SAP systems
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Strong analytical skills
Pay rate range $21-$26 DOE 9 Month Assignment Houston, TX 77073