Lead Technical Writer ^
Technical Writing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Lead Technical Writer 4873 ^
Within the Technical Publications Group, our goal is to provide an information experience that allows our users to quickly and easily learn and use our products. Easy-to-follow product documentation, including contextual help and videos, is a big part of the user’s learning. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our IoT product team as an information developer and content strategist. An ideal candidate for this position would have a “product-owner mindset” for contents and pursue production of highly impactful product documentation.
- Lead a manage documentation projects.
- Work with a team of technical writers to deliver documentation projects that are technically accurate and of high quality.
- Must have excellent writing skills, must be able to organize their ideas, and be able to translate technical terms that any reader can understand.
- This person must be able to manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously while working independently and with other writers.
- As an integral part of cross-functional product teams, this person must learn the products by hands-on experience and must have superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Confer with subject matter experts and product managers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject matter to be developed for publication.
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers) to develop content.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Liaise with local and remote writing teams and available subject matter experts in the development of assigned documentation.
- Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Work with product management, product support, marketing, other SMEs to clarify business requirements and documentation assignments.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based document for non-technical and technical users.
- Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other related fields
- 8 + years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, release notes
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Experience in storage products and documentation.
- Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Experience with agile software development process and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence is a must.
- Experience with video creation is a plus.
- Experience with MindTouch and SDL Knowledge Center is a plus.
$60 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95054 12 Month Assignment