Lead IT Engineer, Collaborative Systems*
IT & IS | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Lead IT Engineer, Collaborative Systems 606486*
We are seeking an energetic team player/IT professional with wide range of experience in various IT technologies. Our team manages many areas: Messaging (Slack & G-Suite), VOIP telephony, billing optimization, company webcasting events, mobile security and device management, and audio/video/web conferencing solutions. As the Lead IT Collaboration Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and improving our existing infrastructure as well as taking the lead on future projects.
The Lead IT Collaboration Engineer will play a pivotal role in driving through improvements of our company collaborative technology stacks and in improving the technical efficacy of junior members of the team. The team's mission is to squeeze the maximum out of the collaborative technology stacks through optimization and finding creative ways to use the technology to enhance productivity and efficiencies throughout the business. The Lead IT Collaboration Engineer plays the central role in proactively and creatively improving our collaborative technology offerings.
- Deputize for Senior IT Manager, as required.
- Lead team and report to IT Director when Senio IT Manager is on leave.
- Be responsible for the operation of On-Prem & Cloud VOIP systems including enterprise contact centers.
- Lead proof-of-concept testing, implement, deploy, maintain and support future/current technologies pertaining to collaboration portfolio.
- Configure and support internal events and meetings.
- Evaluate system performance, recognize & deliver improvements to system designs in accordance to best-practices. Maintain awareness of changes in new technology and advances in the industry and relevant systems.
- Analyze reports/data and recommend changes to systems to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Collaborate with partners, vendors, and other team members on cross-functional initiatives
- Design, implement and support group audio and visual conferencing technologies, both on-prem and cloud.
- Rollout of UCaaS solution to all sites globally. 2018 will see us rollout a unified communications platform, giving every employee enhanced VOIP, messaging and video conferencing capabilities. The goal will be not to just to roll out the solution but to ensure that the business uses all of the capabilities of UCaaS to the maximum.
- At present, there are multiple G-Suite tenants used across various divisions.The Lead Collaboration Engineer will play a central role centralizing the management and support of G-Suite into one primary G-Suite tenant managed by our company.
- Acquisitions and new sites. As our company acquires businesses and new offices, it is incumbent upon the Collaboration team to remodel the sites, installing the optimum audiovisual technologies in conference rooms, lobbies and break out areas. Projects of this type on the East Coast and Europe would be run by the Lead Collaboration Engineer with support from the wider team.
What you bring to the team:
- 1-3 years relevant VOIP experience
- 2-3 years G-Suite support experience
- Excellent computer and server skills/familiarity with Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Good knowledge of Slack administration
- Strong Project Management, communication, and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple projects and work styles simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
You might also have:
- Experience working with Python an advantage
- Experience working with API’s an advantage
- Experience working with SQL an advantage
- Familiarity with: Zoom, Revolabs hardware, Cisco/Polycom video codecs, WebEx, JIRA, ServiceNow, SaaS software solutions, Apple Mac Products
- Networking skills including but not limited to: switches, cabling, firewalls, VLAN, latency, SIP, QoS, MPLS, SIP gateway
$57 per Hour New York, NY 10016 3 Month Assignment