IP Compliance Analyst 525446
Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
The Sr. Compliance Engineer will be responsible for supporting these activities by performing strategic analysis of available information and guide field audits and enforcement, leveraging company’s centric technical expertise and partnering with colleagues as needed. The position will also act as a technical resource across the larger IPP organization and external partners. The individual will interact regularly with global compliance personnel, auditors, lawyers and other compliance stakeholders worldwide in support of these activities.
- Audit support: Preaudit analysis –provide strategic product analysis of licensees selected for audits, diligence on cross sales of and between components/technologies of licensees and their related entities under review
- In field support – onsite and offsite assistance in support of product sample/spec testing in the course of audit fieldwork, provision of product knowledge and expertise in support of audits
- Postaudit analysis – product testing and technology assessment for negotiation purposes
- Contribute to IP Protection Strategy planning Perform macro level analysis across product segments, to identify noncompliance and potential opportunities.
- Implement process improvements, to increase efficiently and accuracy. Train others on new technologies as needed, working across IPP to develop comprehensive enforcement plan.
- Trade show and Enforcement Perform market research to identify infringement or noncompliance across company’s ecosystem
- Attend trade shows, identifying infringing products and unlicensed entities
- Identify, procure and test samples as necessary to detect infringement and gather intelligence
- Others Assisting software compliance lead in assessing third party solutions with respect to preventive compliance, such as encryption, locking, tracking, tracing, monitoring technologies and mechanisms
- Assist in technical supervision and education of other Company products and services.
- Train compliance and audit personnel on company’s products as needed
- BSEE and at least 5 years of relevant work experience in forensic engineering, failure investigation or Intellectual
- Property protection desired.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated experience performing data analysis and trending is highly desired.
- Experience with testing consumer oriented audio/video products such as TVs, STBs, DMAs, mobile phones and tablets is highly desired. Requires familiarity with company’s products and technologies.
- Must have an aptitude for mechanical engineering and familiarity with product teardown. Knowledge of electrical components and paths in a typical mix facility.
- Must possess a basic understanding of standard analog and digital recording equipment.
- Understanding of iOS, Android and Windows operating systems is desired. Experience debugging or testing of the Audio/Video system is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Tier 1 Consumer Electronics distribution channels is preferred.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work autonomously with a geographically distributed team.
- Keen understanding of technology in the context of intellectual property.
- Strong ability to think independently and deeply about problems/solutions.
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Strong written communication skills ability to articulate verbally and in writing technical issues to stakeholders.
- Flexibility in daytoday work. Must be willing to work flexible hours, and work late on short notice.
- Diligent, deadline oriented International travel required up to 25% of the time
$40 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 6 Month Assignment