IOT Protocol Senior Software Engineer 531396
Software ENG & DEV | Bedminster, NJ | Full Time and Contract
IOT Protocol Senior Software Engineer
Using our products and working closely with customers (Mobile Network Operators) this position involves developing new protocol scripts (mainly L3) as well as validating and fixing existing ones. The role requires an in-depth understanding of the 3GPP 5G/LTE air-interface and signaling protocols.
- Analysis of 3GPP specifications.
- Development 5G/LTE/3G signaling protocol scripts.
- Debugging, enhancing or fixing of the existing protocol scripts.
- Validation of collections of scripts at the customer site.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our products and any related solutions.
- Drafting customer requirements and communicating with our development teams.
- Capturing customer needs and priorities, acting and communicating appropriately.
- Providing technical support to our customer.
- Technical collaborations with device manufacturers or chipset vendors to resolve protocol implementation issues.
- Practical experience of the signaling protocols for a wireless communications technology, e.g. LTE, WCDMA, 2G.
- Experience of developing, or testing with, protocols for wireless communications technologies.
- Excellent diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Able to work to tight timescales, resolving conflicting priorities and requirements.
- Previous customer interfacing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Demonstrably strong verbal and written communications skills.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one lower-layer protocol stack entity for a wireless communication standard, e.g. RRC, MAC, RLC, NAS.
- Practical experience with C++ or any other object orientated language.
- Knowledge of VoIP.
- Experience of LTE.
$55 Per Hour Bedminster, NJ 07921 8 Month Assignment