Ingredient and Product Safety Specialist
Compliance | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Ingredient and Product Safety Specialist 690567
Review and evaluate the results of preclinical toxicological studies submitted in support of Dietary ingredients and Dietary Supplement legacy finished products. Evaluate ingredients and their effects on humans. Provide consultation on toxicology issues. The position is a regulatory role focused on supporting the compliance and safety of legacy products for our recently acquired dietary supplement business.
- Conduct and/or coordinate reviews and toxicological evaluations of legacy finished products and ingredients, including testing plans and data generated to support product safety.
- Develop technical documents on various scientific, risk assessment, and regulatory topics, including toxicological data summaries for legacy products
- Bachelor’s degree with experience
- MS/Ph.D. in Food Toxicology, Toxicology, or related discipline with 5+ years of industry or regulatory experience in the dietary supplement industry. Will consider other relevant experiences in the consumer goods industry, such as food and beverage.
- Excellent written/oral and communication skills.
- 6-8 years experiences (preferably in the industry) in the FDA dietary supplement Regulatory space.
- In-depth working knowledge of FDA dietary supplement product regulations, guidance, and policies for label claims, ingredients, formulations and processes.
- A thorough understanding of the FDA enforcement landscape (e.g. including trends/hotspots and state versus federal enforcement).
- Experience in the regulation of dietary supplements (equivalent) outside of the U.S. (e.g., Canada Natural Health Products, European Food Supplements, etc.).
$35-$40 per Hour Location: Remote 12 Month Assignment