Infrastructure System Engineer
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Infrastructure System Engineer 1361
Are you a smart and talented Linux specialist looking to join one of the hottest SaaS companies in the valley? Do you enjoy solving problems around scaling to thousands of Linux server systems and building tools to automate anywhere you can? Then look no further!
We are looking for a number of Systems Engineers to join our Global Operations team. In this role, you’ll have responsibility for implementation and maintenance of the company’s global production and development systems.
The ideal candidate will have a solid ‘hands-on’ background in production systems admin/engineering with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 cloud platforms.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- 5+ year’s experience in building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine etc) is desirable.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
$60-$70 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 12 Month Assignment