Creative | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all company products. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
Product and Metadata Indexing and Copy Editing:
- Proofread and fact check all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to company marketplaces.
- Key elements such as a product's price, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, associated code, and all taxonomy elements are top priority areas of review.
- Provide QA for company style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata.
- Meet daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
- Research, edit, rewrite or occasionally create descriptions for products.
- Research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
- Editorial experience preparing online content
- Proofreading experience; copy editing experience a plus
- Familiarity with basic HTML formatting
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
- Energetic and creative troubleshooter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content.
- Avid consumer of media, including books/periodicals (audio and digital readers), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
- Self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills, a confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills, highly organized and detail oriented, and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment.
- Previous proofreading and/or copy editing experience would be valuable.
Newark, NJ 8 Month Assignment