Operations | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all the products. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
Product metadata indexing and copy editing:
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to the marketplaces.
- Key elements such as a product's price, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, associated ASIN code, and all taxonomy elements are top priority areas of review.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor also provides QA for a style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor needs to meet daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
- Indexer/Copyeditor may need to research, edit, rewrite or occasionally create descriptions for products. The Indexer/Copy Editor may need to research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
- Editorial experience preparing online content
- Proofreading experience; copy editing experience a plus
- Familiarity with basic HTML formatting
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment