Procurement | Houston, TX | Full Time
Import/Export Specialist 9122448
Responsible to provide import/export process efficiency and work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure movements of goods are compliance and aiming improvements on time delivery of goods to local business segments. Relationships Direct Manager: GeoMarket Distribution Manager/Country or GeoMarket Logistics Manager
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or locally defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary.
- Responsible to analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements were necessary to reduce the cost of imports and exports.
- Responsible and accountable for performance factors related to SLA in the country.
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performance are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied into all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations
- Keep customs documents in the proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for a local organization in the country.
- Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities focusing to improve knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Houston TX 77073 FTE Opportunity