Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time and Contract
Human Resources Generalist 791602
We are looking for an HR Associate who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Our client groups work on amazing products. You will be part of our fantastic HR team who are well-regarded across the division as collaborative business partners.
This role will start off as a temporary fill in for a maternity leave and will support our direct sales organization (200+ employees) from January until May in all aspects of HR Management. You will play a key role in partnering with sales business leaders to translate business objectives into actionable HR & talent initiatives. You will work alongside managers on all aspects of people management and employee relations.
In May, the role will evolve, and you will be rotating into different HR teams/locations across the company to work with various client groups/and or projects depending on where the need exists.
This exciting opportunity is fast-paced and intensive immersion into a variety of HR Business Partner disciplines utilizing a balance of both your on-the-job and previous HR experience. The ideal candidate is seeking to take their HR exposure to the next level while leveraging the many existing tools, programs and experts within our collaborative HR function.
Must be mobile. This person would be travelling between assignments. the 1st assignment will be in NY as the maternity leave backfill. the candidate may need to go to San Francisco for 3-4 months for another assignment, and then to Nashville for another 3-4 months. The company would provide corporate housing when they are traveling outside of NY. They need to be open to traveling to any company location within the US.
- Will include building effective partnerships with your business unit management to foster a culture of performance excellence.
- Own the talent innovation agenda for your client group - provide full scope HR partnership to leaders including: executive coaching, employee relations, incentive and compensation actions, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, diversity and inclusion, organizational design, change management, employee communications, performance management and people development.
- A collaborative, consultative approach to HR.
- A minimum of 2 years of well-rounded HR Business Partner experience in a professional environment where customer service is paramount; well-versed in all disciplines of the HR function and current in emerging talent practices and developments;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Must demonstrate influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership;
- Demonstrated good HR judgment in dealing with complex employee relations cases
- Detail and goal-oriented with a passion for excellence and have the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focused on delivering great customer service and quality;
- Must have resilience/grit to manage a heavy workload from time to time during our annual HR processes
- Must be confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations and have an abundance of common sense and pragmatism;
- Interest in the digital media or entertainment space a major plus;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment;
- BS/BA in Business, Industrial Psychology, or Human Resources; PHR designation highly desired
$37 Per Hour New York, NY 10019 4 Month Assignment (possible extension/conversion)