HSE Specialist 7918531
Oil and Gas | Von Ormy, TX | Full Time and Contract
The QHSE Specialist Level 1 supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving the Quality and HSE culture within the worksite.
- To develop Managers' awareness and ensure Quality and HSE are an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
- To assist Line Management in:Implementing the QHSE Management System. Monitoring QHSE objectives. Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding QHSE.
- Assessing the local risks.
- Generating local QHSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required.
- Preparing and monitoring QHSE plans that define how the QHSE Management System is implemented at location level.
- Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures.
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self audits (QHSE MS, QHSE and Segment standards).
- To advise Management on corrective action required.
- To co-ordinate and actively participate in the screening and QHSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to QHSE and to inform management accordingly.
- To ensure that the relevant QHSE documentation is readily available on the site.
- To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local QHSE program with company, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
- To actively monitor & follow-up on QHSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, Quality and HSE audits.
- To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of SLB Personnel in Quality and HSE.
- To recommend improvements to the QHSE program.
- Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
- To analyze Quality and HSE trends for the location.
- From within company and new hires with a non-university degree- Minimum of 3 years experience
- QHSE recognized as strength on last SLP3
- Good communication skills- Basic computer skills
- Basic English understanding
- Competencies to develop:All "Core" modules as defined in the QHSE Staff Development Program Level 1 as well as any additional Segment specific training modules assigned to Level 1
Start Time:12:00 AM
$18-$22/h Ormy TX 78073 8 month contract