Global Trade Compliance Specialist
Compliance | Pleasanton, CA | Contract
Global Trade Compliance Specialist 669302
Overview of the position:
The main responsibility of this position is to execute the operations of the free trade agreement program and provide auxiliary support to global trade management data and systems.
- Extract, review, manipulate and analyze data. Create reports to communicate data trends.
- Monitor and track FTA program milestones and deadlines; provide status updates; schedule meetings/agenda; track follow-up actions items and deliverables.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries with both written and verbal communication
- Upload data to global trade management systems and cloud solutions
- Strong communication skills.
- Set and meet milestones within project timelines.
- Prioritize work; willingness and comfort to demonstrate flexibility to work on changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Work in a dynamic team setting.
Technical (SME) Skills/Qualifications:
- Industry experience working in trade compliance for at least 2 years.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in compiling, manipulating, and analyzing data.
- Industry experience classifying products according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Industry experience assessing products according to rules of origin of Free Trade Agreements.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Finance, International Trade or relevant technical subject.
- Prior work experience is more important.
$35 per hour 6 month contract Pleasanton, CA 94588