Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
GL Manager 792103
The manager in Corporate Accounting is responsible for managing accounting, payroll, and benefit reporting for the US, and managing the month-end close. This manager’s role also will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of world-wide consolidated financial statements and support. This role provides a unique opportunity to leverage a deep understanding of accounting for vast facilities in providing business decision support to the Global Facilities Management organization.
- Manage month-end close for various General Ledger functions; including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, close calendar and close reporting package
- Responsible for stock base compensation-related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and account analysis for more complex areas of accounting, such as stock-based compensation, payroll, and benefit related accruals, and equity accounting
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes in accounting standards
- Recommend and implement improved accounting procedures and reporting methods
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures to support new business activities and new reporting requirements
- Support special projects and processes improvement initiatives
- Perform internal financial reports and supporting analytics for Senior Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in financial reporting, and/or general accounting, a minimum of 3 years’ experience with a public-traded company or public accounting experience.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements.
- Decision making and prioritization skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and perform multiple tasks.
- Strong financial analytical skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with a broad-based ERP system.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially, Excel.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation of criterion for obtaining results.
$60 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 3 Month Assignment