Fixed Asset Accountant 7929065
Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time and Contract
Fixed Asset Accountant
The Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for managing assets for book and tax. To account for all fixed asset transactions, including acquisitions, transfers, cost center changes, retirements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Post capitalization of assets, asset sales and transactions for transfers in.
- Run monthly depreciation and verify transactions.
- Clear the suspense/under construction accounts for assets monthly.
- Post asset transfers, cost center, and other data changes as required.
- Responsible for monthly FP20 Capex reporting.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly FP23 Statement III movement reporting.
- Quarterly retirements analysis.
- Balance sheet reconciliation of fixed asset accounts, including ageing of suspense accounts.
- Monthly depreciation analysis.
- Train new staff members as necessary.
- Train and communicate to the field common OFS fixed asset policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of SAP/Lawson; not limited to the fixed asset module.
- Participate in field audits.
- Assist with fixed asset projects as they arise.
- Assist tax department with asset issues.
- Responsible for the annual FP25 Statement 6 & 7 reporting.
- Responsible for updating the segment handbook for assets.
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
- Finance or Accounting degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a finance role
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
$27 Per Hour Houston, TX 77077 3-6 month contract