Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Financial Analyst 679328
Involves developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, resource planning (dollars), and control of the organizational budget. May analyze and prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual resource allocations, future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Applies professional concepts to perform basic financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations.
- Under general supervision, provides analytical support for simple to moderate budget, financial, or resource analysis projects.
- Implements department budget allocations and maintains department chart of accounts, and related business processes.
- Gathers and analyzes financial and/or resource data; prepares and summarizes information and/or recommendations.
- Ensures that the appropriate internal controls are addressed, maintained and strengthened to protect University resources.
- Prepares basic financial and resource reports and/or analysis for internal department constituents. Examples include periodic financial reports, staff/faculty salary budgets, contracts, grants, gifts, endowments, or user fees. Financial and / or resource analysis could include budgetary analysis, financial analysis, forecasts, projections, staff or faculty salary or FTE analysis, student enrollment analysis, recharge or general rate analysis (parking rates, copier rates, capital project rates, student health charges) student fees (self-supporting programs, professional school fees, course material fees, etc.) contracts and grants analysis, endowment income, fungibility of funds, working capital, depreciation, new building funds, etc.
- Applies financial concepts to process, review, and approve financial transactions.
- Receives more detailed instructions for new assignments.
- Tracking requests for each division, updating spreadsheets based on new/changed requests
- Assisting managers in completing justification forms and decision matrix
- Creating powerpoint slides (includes reviewing numbers included) for presentations,
- Attending meetings with stakeholders to take minutes/record capital request and justifications
- Creating packets
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- Working knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize, and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability using spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; excellent service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Demonstrated ability using organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to function as a member of a team.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
$30-$35 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94117 4 Month Assignment